Having successfully registered CompleatInvoice Starter, the next step is to start processing your invoices.
This topic provides a quick guide showing you how to send, manage, and approve an invoice, and uses the following scenario:
- Two users have been created:
- User 1: has both the administrator and the operator options added to their account.
- User 2: has the approver option added to their account.
- A workflow, entitled 'IT Department Workflow' has been created, and User 2 has been added to this workflow as an approver.
The following steps show you how to send, mange and approve an invoice.
- Using your current email app i.e. Outlook, create a New email.
- In the To box, enter your Compleat e-invoicing email address.
- Attach your invoice to the new email and click Send.
- From your CompleatInvoice Starter app click the 'Manage Invoices' tile .
- Click the worktray tab.
NOTE: The 'Unprocessed' worktray displays all invoices currently waiting to be processed i.e. invoices waiting to be sent for approval.
- The invoice you recently sent is listed in the worktray.
- Click the invoice to view its details.
- The invoice appears in the centre of the screen. SeeViewing invoicesto learn how to print, zoom, rotate, and download an invoice.
NOTE: Located to the right of the invoice are the invoice information fields: Supplier name, Supplier Reference, Invoice Date, Net Total, VAT Total, Gross Total, Ledger Code, and Submission Comments.
IMPORTANT: Supplier Name, Invoice Date and Ledger Code are MANDATORY fields and MUST be completed before an invoice can be sent for approval.
- Enter the 'Supplier Name' by either selecting a supplier from the drop-down list of available options or entering the name manually.
- Enter the 'Invoice Date' by either typing the date or using the calendar tool provided.
- Enter the 'Ledger Code.'
- (Optional) Enter any 'Submission Comments' i.e. any notes that may assist the invoice approver(s).
NOTE: Available workflows, indicated by the workflow's abbreviated name, are displayed at the bottom of the selected invoice.
TIP: You can have many workflows containing one ore more approvers. Alternatively, you could have one workflow with multiple approvers.
- Click the workflow, to send the invoice for approval to the 'Finance Department Workflow.'
- This invoice has now been sent for approval and is held in the worktray.
NOTE: All the invoices you have submitted for approval, which are yet to be approved, appear in your tray.
- Approvers can approve or deny invoices by selecting them from the 'Awaiting Approval' worktray.
IMPORTANT: While validating our service, if you have used a test email account for the approver then please continue to either log into CompleatInvoice Starter as the approver or inform the approver to progress the invoice.
NOTE: Invoices can also be approved using either your Compleat site or the CompleatMobile approval app (available for download via the relevant app store).
- Click or tap the worktray.
- Select the invoice pending your approval.
- View the invoice and any supporting comments.
- Located at the bottom of the invoice view are two actions: .
- Let's approve the invoice. However, before approving the invoice you may wish to insert additional comments. To do this, select the checkbox.
- Click or tap to authorise the invoice.
- As the 'Add Comment' checkbox was selected, the 'Approve Transaction' page appears. Enter your additional comment(s) and click or tap .
- The invoice has now been approved and is sent to the worktray and listed as part of the Reports section where you can view historical data.